[scribus] New tutorial on curves tool. - of topic - just I remember

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Sat Nov 15 20:39:41 UTC 2014

On Sat, 15 Nov 2014 19:02:35 +0100
JLuc <jluc at no-log.org> wrote:

> Le 15/11/2014 18:33, john Culleton a écrit :
> > For perfect-bound book covers
> > Scribus ...doesn't have a function to create
> > the book document and its spine dimensions
> > based on page count and paper thickness.
> > Initially I wrote a program in perl meant to
> > be used with Scribus that can be found here:
> > http://wexfordpress.com/template.html
>
> If you can use perl then you sure can use python
> and write a scribus script that will query the
> user for his wish and use the answers to create
> the desired scribus document at once.
>
> JLuc
>

> ___
> Edit your options or unsubscribe:
> See also:
> http://wiki.scribus.net
> http://forums.scribus.net

> Unlimited Disk, Data Transfer, PHP/MySQL Domain
> Hosting http://www.doteasy.com

Well I recently bought a book on Python but
haven't had time to master the language. Also
I will need to examine some Scribus python scripts
to see how things are done in that mode, including
how I would alter page dimensions and put vertical
guides on the document. After I finish a big
current customer job (not yet started) I will give
it a try.

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press