[scribus] Removing extra spaces??

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Thu Nov 6 08:05:56 UTC 2014

On Thu, 6 Nov 2014 08:48:26 +0100
Peter Nermander <peter at nermander.se> dijo:

>> How did you do to enter em spaces, for example in Word or Libre
>> Office?

>I've never used it (since I've never had the need for it), but
>according to Google you can enter any unicode character the following
>ways:
>
>In Libre Office: Ctrl-Shift-u, 4 digit hex unicode, Enter.
>
>In Windows (including Word): Alt-Numpad+, 4 digit hex unicode while
>keeping Alt down, release Alt.

Both Writer and Word have autocorrect functions where you can define a
key sequence that is to be changed to something else. For example, in
Writer I added space-hyphen-space and set up the autocorrect to change
it to space-en-dash-space ('cause I like an en-dash with spaces rather
than the more popular em-dash without spaces).

So if you want an em-dash in Writer just choose a key sequence that you
would not normally type and tell the program to autocorrect it to an
em-dash. No need to enter a hex code every time you need the character.