[scribus] Removing extra spaces??

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Thu Nov 6 00:35:57 UTC 2014

On 11/05/2014 11:31 AM, Ian Whitfield wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I was just wondering if there is a method, (or Macro??), available to
> check all the text in a frame and remove any and all extra spaces?
>
> I have just had a session with a difficult batch of text that had lots
> of random extra spaces so wondered how to get rid of these easily.
>
> Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Yes, it's possible. The Autoquote.py script detects typewriter quotes,
then deletes them and replaces them with typographic quotes.

The en+emdash.py script detects hyphens. A single one is left alone. Two
in a row change to an en dash, 3 in a row to an em dash.

So spaces could certainly be deleted, you just have to figure out the
algorithm for deciding which ones to delete, 2 in a row, something else?

Greg