[scribus] right-alignment bug

ZASKE Martin zm at revue-gugu.org
Mon May 19 19:54:41 UTC 2014

Dear list,

my team is struggling with several booklets and finally came to me.
Right-alignment is behaving funny. After I tried for a while, I realized
that it is more than just learning how to "do" it right.

So today I searched the bug admin and found it written up for Ubuntu.
But we see the same for OpenSuse.

The bug ID is 0010720 and it is marked for Version 1.4.1. But we are
having it in 1.4.2

http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=10720

Since I am new to the bug admin, and since this feels serious to us, I
want to help and do it right (if this does not belong on this list,
please let me know and I will desist):

The bug was reported in 2012, the last entry from a reporter was in
April 2014, so the problem might still be real.

Questions: Apart from writing a little "report" as text, can I or do I
need to click something to report that it concerns more than one OS and
more than one Version of Scribus?

Question: How can I find out whether it was fixed and in what version?
(Please do not write "Just install a new OS and test", this is on our
main layout production machine)

If some user has found a workaround, we would appreciate. We suffer from
the fact that the last line behaves different from the other lines
above. Otherwise we could just "move the entire text box" to tweak the
alignment.

thank you,

Martin

--