[scribus] downgrade 1.4.2 to 1.3.x?

Javier García Alfaro javiergalfaro at gmail.com
Sat May 17 04:54:32 UTC 2014

> On Wed, 14 May 2014 22:43:47 -0300
> Javier García Alfaro <javiergalfaro en gmail.com>
> wrote:

> > <John en wexfordpress.com>:
> >
> > > On Mon, 12 May 2014 19:53:47 -0300
> > > Javier García Alfaro <javiergalfaro en gmail.com>

> > > You can't. And why would you? there is nothing
> > > you can do in 1.3.x that you can't do in
> > > 1.4.x.
> > >
> > > hi John,
> > I want to try sla2pdf [1], only works for
> > 1.3.3, 1.3.4 and 1.3.6.
> >
> > [1] https://code.google.com/p/sla2pdf/
> >

> Again why? The latest Scribus 1.4.x will export
> all useful forms of pdf except PDF X/1-a:2001. If
> that is what you need send me the pdf file and I
> will convert it using Scribus 1.5.0. Or "collect
> for output" the sla file and fonts etc., zip that
> directory, send it and I will run that through
> 1.5.0.
>
> When either 1.5.0 or 1.6.0 is available it/they
> will have PDF X/1-a:2001 as an option. I use
> 1.5.0 svn now.
>
> If you still want to play with sla2pdf then find
> a way to download Scribus 1.3.6. Or modify the
> python code yourself.
>

> hi again John,
I'm working in a weekly 20 pages newspaper. I guess I can get with sla2pdf,
fast and with minimal intervention, proofreading pdfs. We have divided the
newspaper into pairs of pages for faster editing, then combine them into a
pdf for final proofreading. Perhaps there is another way to solve it and I'm
not aware. Thanks!

--
*el eslabón <http://periodicoeleslabon.com/>* periódico semanal hecho en
Rosario, Santa Fe, Argentina.