[scribus] Question: How can I update a text frame in Scribus from a text file

Kunda Loves Scribus scribus.user at gmail.com
Thu May 15 17:18:56 UTC 2014

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 7:10 PM, Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote:

> On 05/14/2014 06:14 PM, JLuc wrote:
> > Le 13/05/2014 03:49, Kunda Loves Scribus a écrit :
> >>
> http://superuser.com/questions/742189/how-can-i-update-a-text-frame-in-scribus-from-a-text-file
> >>

> >> Does anyone have a stackexchange account that is willing to answer this?
> >
> > I'd be interested but i'm afraid there is no simple way.
> >
> > There is one or more bugreports for this feature.
> >

> Having just gone through the process of revisiting Autoquote.py and
> transforming to en+emdash.py, this is an intriguing question.
>
> Part of these scripts is to scan the content of a frame, character by
> character, and what you find as you do this is that this includes the
> control characters for styles, so you have to deal with these in order
> to not mess up the applied styles when for example you change '--' to
> en-dash. In other words, you have to write the code to leave those
> control characters intact even as you otherwise edit the text. Not so
> far different from what this questioner is asking.
>
> When I get a chance I may tinker with this a bit (Christoph says I'm
> mostly a tinkerer), but I can't make any promises.
>
> Greg

Hey y'all,
Thanks for the replies. Verry interesting. In another interesting
development it seems like this question has already been asked and answered:
http://superuser.com/questions/550770/how-can-i-autopopulate-text-in-scribus-from-a-text-file

Hopefully this inspires you, Greg, in the way of your continuous tinkering
and tweeking. Perhaps we can offer this as a bundled function in Scribus?

Cheers,
/Kunda