[scribus] Page break/column break.

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Wed May 14 12:41:24 UTC 2014

On Tue, 13 May 2014 17:23:34 -0400
Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote:

> On 05/13/2014 04:21 PM, john Culleton wrote:
> > On Tue, 13 May 2014 15:30:03 -0400
> > Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote:

> >> Frame (or page) break should be Ctrl+Return
> >> Column break Ctrl+Shift+Return
> >>
> >> This is under Documentation > Scribus Basics
> >>
> >> Greg
> >>
> >> ___
> >> Scribus Mailing List:
> >> scribus at lists.scribus.net Edit your options
> >> or unsubscribe:
> >> See also: http://wiki.scribus.net
> >> http://forums.scribus.net
> >>

> >> _______________________________________________________
> >> Unlimited Disk, Data Transfer, PHP/MySQL
> >> Domain Hosting http://www.doteasy.com
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > I also discovered that there is a way to enter
> > page or column breaks in the story editor
> > using the insert menu and the "spaces and
> > breaks" item on that menu.
> >
> > Since I switch from Scribus to Inkscape and
> > back again I prefer icons or menu items
> > rather than assigned multiple key sequences.
> > Otherwise I get confused.
> >
> Ctrl-Return is a pretty standard way of doing a
> page break, for example longstanding in
> Wordperfect and Word, I think probably in
> LibreOffice too.
>
> Greg

Good to know. I am a confirmed TeXer and am used
to:
\vfil\eject
or its equivalent for page breaks.

I haven't used WordPerfect in decades, and use
other word processors only when a client dictates
a doc format.

When I receive a word doc for typesetting or
indexing my first step is to convert it to plain
ASCII text, either in LibreOffice or with
antiword.

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press