[scribus] "Blank" document <- user needs help

Mika Aleksandroff mika.aleksandroff at gmail.com
Sat May 3 10:01:26 UTC 2014

Joop,

On 3 May 2014 12:34, JLuc <jluc at no-log.org> wrote:
> Le 02/05/2014 23:51, Mika Aleksandroff a écrit :
>> The "duplicated objects staying attached"-problem is
>> probably the most annoying as I have a lot of those.. It seems to be
>> connected to total object count, i.e. starts occurring once there are
>> "enough" objects in total but that's just a feeling.
> What is this "duplicated objects staying attached"-problem ?

It means that I have an object (a grouped polygon of two polygons
forming a writing rule for children to learn handwriting) that I need
to copy on a page. I duplicate (I have tried copying and duplicating,
no difference) it multiple times and every now and then one or more of
those copies stay connected to original one. I.e. when I select the
original one a copy gets selected as well as if those two separate
objects were grouped. This is resolved by ungrouping and regrouping
the parts separately.

Strangely it doesn't happen immediately, I can adjust the duplicate in
size but then suddenly I click on the "parent" and they are grouped. I
took a screenshot to illustrate as well:

https://plus.google.com/photos/111211318645563638567/albums/6006606164807071121

I could possibly debug more but now I'm working on it and just doing
these when they show up. As did those screenshots. I read this mail
and within 5 minutes I could take the sample shots.

.mika