[scribus] "Blank" document <- user needs help

Mika Aleksandroff mika.aleksandroff at gmail.com
Fri May 2 16:34:10 UTC 2014

Joop,

On 2 May 2014 16:40, Richard Foley <rich.inud at naktiv.net> wrote:
> However, I can say that I've used Scribus to produce 2 full colour books of
> over 200 pages, (with a photo on nearly every page), and I've been soundly
> impressed at the overall quality and robustness of the code. There are issues,
> and it's not InDesign because it's produced with volunteer work instead of
> millions of dollars. But when it works, it usually works very well.

Hmm, what version have you been using?

Because I also thought about doing that but noticed that I really had
to split it into several files as it started noticeably slow down
after maybe 40 pages or so and too much bugs started appearing when
cloning/copying objects (copy an object and it stays attached to its
parent as if they were grouped together) and so on..

I'm doing a practise book for kids for school and there were maybe
2000 objects in the document when I had to split it. After splitting
and having kept object count under 1000 it has been working rather
well, occasional aforementioned bugs and crashes when ungrouping
objects (I have learned to save before ungrouping, it happens that
often, actually).

> Maybe file a bug report, or look/post on the scribus-dev list?

Huh, good idea, I'll try that as I didn't find a way to register for
bug report.. :-(

.mika