[scribus] Scribus 1.5.0svn "smears" colours on opening 1.4.3.sla file

Richard Foley rich.inud at naktiv.net
Fri Mar 28 14:10:11 UTC 2014

I need to produce the elusive PDF/X-1a:2011 for LSI full colour compliance.
I'm running SuSe Linux 13.1 Previously, I used Scribus 1.4.0 to produce the
basic layout and cover sla files. Then I exported them using Scribus 1.5.0. No
problem (eventually).

I find I need to do the same thing again, and am having issues. I used Scribus
1.4.3 to create the original sla files. Scribus 1.5.0 wouldn't run because of
some silly library issues, so I installed a fresh 1.5.0 svn. (After some
hilarity with dependencies). Ready to go, or so I thought.

Now, when I just OPEN the Cover.sla in Scribus 1.5.0svn, I get a weird
"smear"ing of several of the type characters on my bar code. The smearing goes
off to the right and down. And where the smearing goes over the number
character itself, the black is reversed to white.

This doesn't look good. Has anyone else seen this before? Any bright and
helpful suggestions?

Many thanks in advance.

--
Ciao