[scribus] Announce: String Freeze for Scribus 1.4.4

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Tue Mar 25 06:12:01 UTC 2014

> Gesendet: Sonntag, 23. März 2014 um 23:53 Uhr
> Von: "john Culleton" <John at wexfordpress.com>
> An: scribus at lists.scribus.net
> Betreff: Re: [scribus] Announce: String Freeze for Scribus 1.4.4

> Is it contemplated that some version of 1.4.x will
> include export to PDF /X1-a:2001 or will this
> feature (already available in 1.5.0) be held
> from formal release until 1.6.0?

Hi John,

No, it is not contemplated. 1.4.4 is mostly a bugfix release, and it will probably the last version of  the successful 1.4.x series.

We will release version 1.5.0 (= 1.6 Beta 1) when it's ready (this year), and from then on move towards the release candidates and finally 1.6.0. (hopefully this year). 1.5/1.6 will be a giant leap from 1.4.x in terms of features and UI changes, so we need some time to test and polish the programme as a whole. And then we need to take care of proper documentation ...

Christoph