[scribus] Importing tables

robwhite.watford at tiscali.co.uk robwhite.watford at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Jun 22 19:19:57 UTC 2014

I don't suppose anyone has come up with a novel way of importing Word
tables into Scribus text frames, by any chance?

At the moment, I am
copying Word tables into OpenOffice documents, and then importing
Openoffice documents into Scribus, and then hitting the tabulator key a
lot. The end result is actually not bad, but it's tedious and boring
work for a genius like me.  ;-)

Rob

peter at nermander.se
List"<scribus at lists.scribus.net>
>Subj: Re: [scribus] Importing tables

>> It always depends on what we are talking about. For literature, of

>> course, tables are not so useful, however, for science and technique
it is
>> not the same. Tables are necessary, and style and various
colors enhance
>> the
>> readability. Did you never read an electronic
component data sheet without
>> tables?
>>

>I think the point here is
that in most cases "tables" (as in the visual
>appearance) can be made
without "tables" (as in "a grid of cells"), using