[scribus] Alphabetical index in Scribus

Nick Schrader nick.schrader at iserv-gis.de
Fri Jun 20 11:42:40 UTC 2014

Am 20.06.2014 01:04, schrieb john Culleton:
> On Wed, 18 Jun 2014 21:48:29 +0200
> Nick Schrader <nick.schrader at iserv-gis.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> is there any method to sort "Table of Contents
>> and Indexes" alphabetically? When I create
>> them, they are just sorted by page number which
>> is not very useful for a subject index...
>>
>> Regards Nick

>> unsubscribe:
>> See also: http://wiki.scribus.net
>> http://forums.scribus.net

>> Unlimited Disk, Data Transfer, PHP/MySQL Domain
>> Hosting http://www.doteasy.com
> Given the early state of indexing in Scribus I
> will continue to use the makeindex program from
> TeX to sort and format the index data. I have two
> graphic front ends to the makeindex program,
> tyro, a Tcl/Tk program, and a more recent COBOL
> program.  Both are of my own creation. Copies on
> request, in Linux format.

Okay, so there ain't no simple method... I just used LibreOffice Calc to
sort the whole index, usable but not ideal.
Therefore generate ToCs, copy the whole generated register into Cell A1
and Calc will recognize tabs and put each entry in a new line with the
page numbers in column B. Then sort column A alphabetically and copy
columns A and B, paste them in your register text frame and apply your
register style with F2->Styles. Bob's your uncle!

Regards Nick

Dateiname   : smime.p7s
Dateityp    : application/pkcs7-signature
Dateigr??e  : 3758 bytes
Beschreibung: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature
URL         : <http://lists.scribus.net/pipermail/scribus/attachments/20140620/c352741d/attachment.bin>