[scribus] New dependencies for Scribus 1.5.0svn

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Fri Jun 20 05:35:43 UTC 2014

> Gesendet: Freitag, 20. Juni 2014 um 04:19 Uhr
> Von: "Gregory Pittman" <gpittman at iglou.com>
> Betreff: Re: [scribus] New dependencies for Scribus 1.5.0svn

> >> And what are the extra file formats?
> > Let's see:
> >
> >> 2) libmspub
> > That would be Microsoft Publisher
> >
> >> 3) libvisio
> > That would be Microsoft Visio
> >
> >> 4) libcdr
> > That would be Corel DRAW
> >

> And librevenge is for WordPerfect documents.

No it isn't. Until recently we needed to install libwpg and libwpd for some esoteric features that were required to build libmspub etc. With librevenge all these features have been moved into a single library that provides a unified interface to all existing and all future import libraries written by Document Liberation. Thus, from now on, we only need librevenge to build any of the supported import libraries, but no longer libwpd, libwpg and who knows what else.

Support for WordPerfect formatted text via libwpd and AbiWord via libabw would be nice, though. If anyone wants to bite, please feel free to do so. According to Franz, his rewrite made the addition of new filters provided by Document Liberation quite easy ;)

Christoph