[scribus] Importing tables

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Thu Jun 19 11:01:17 UTC 2014

Le 19/06/2014 12:20, Jean-Paul Gendner a écrit :
> 1) I go to http://wiki.scribus.net and found at least two scripts for
> importing csv files to a table. However, neither was the Importcsv2table

hmm isnt http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Create_tables_out_of_csv_data ?

I pasted your modified script there.
Could you explain what are the differences with the original script
so we know without having to study the script ?
It will help testers and core devs to test your script
and maybe merge it in the scribus code.

> 2) In most of the case I will import a table to Scribus, I want that the
> text in each cell is centered horizontally and vertically. The horizontal
> centering is easy to do automatically by using a style. For the automatic
> vertical centering I do not have found a solution at present time.

Scribus 1.5 features vertical centering so this might be the solution,
but i dont know how it works with table cells.
All the more since tables have been completely refactored in 1.5

> I just allow setting the top distance for the texts. However, the number of lines
> of the texts is not always the same and the height of the cells also is not
> always the same. So the top distance should be calculated taking into
> account the effective height of the text in each cell.
> So my question: is there an API or function allowing getting the
> height of the entire text in a textbox? Any help will be welcome.

Dont know. If not, post a request on http://bugs.scribus.net

JLuc