[scribus] Accessing Story Editor in 1.5.0

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Tue Jun 17 21:12:54 UTC 2014

On Tue, 17 Jun 2014 22:40:47 +0200
Craig Bradney <cbradney at scribus.info> wrote:

> >> ciao
> >> a.l.e
> >
> > So there is no way to recreate the facility
> > that existed in earlier versions (to access
> > the Style Editor from the Story Editor as
> > needed)?
> >

> Sure there is. Those who profess to know
> something about GUI design said we should
> remove it.
>
> Talk to Ale etc..
>
> Craig
>
> ___
> Edit your options or unsubscribe:
> See also:
> http://wiki.scribus.net
> http://forums.scribus.net

> Unlimited Disk, Data Transfer, PHP/MySQL Domain
> Hosting http://www.doteasy.com

I profess to know how I use Scribus, and I type
text into the Story Editor or modify text flowed
in from another source in the Story Editor.  As I
go along I may need to create or modify Styles,
particularly when I flow in text from outside of
Scribus.

I am very pragmatic about rules, regulations and
"best practices" as defined by others. What works
works. What is convenient for the end user is
convenient.

Providing an exit into the Style
Editor from the Story Editor with a return
to the Story Editor upon exiting the Style
Editor is to my mind a simple subroutine call
and return. It doesn't handicap anyone, even
A.L.E., who wants to use the program in a
different way.

Please?

--
John Culleton