[scribus] Scribus sla to epub (export) q. (calibre does not work) -> image/captions

pygmee radar.map35 at free.fr
Sat Jun 14 13:50:14 UTC 2014

most commonly, PDF to Epub conversion is one of the most difficult that can be done. Personnally my workflow includes a textprocessing file with all text and pictures to be imported into scribus and to be exported separately with writer2epub. Both scribusPDF and epub will then have a different layout. But this way, the conversion to epub is quite good.

The trouble that happens in commercial world is that there are often text improvments and polishing while the layout is already done, which makes it difficult to maintain all the sources up2date. That's one reason i promote scribus epub export or import :
- if you have a PDF based publishing process you will do a perfect layout and then export in epub from scribus and get the right text
- if you have an epub based publishing, you can import your perfect epub content into scribus and improve the layout for PDF purpose.

Actually, we have none of these that 's why i think textprocessing is the best source.
cheers