[scribus] Current Repositories for Ubuntu/Kubuntu?

Thorsten Rochelmeyer thr-news at rochelmeyer.com
Fri Jun 13 11:52:10 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'm having trouble to get the latest scribus releases, maybe you could
help me. My OS is Kubuntu 14.04, Trusty.

The Latest scribus i can get through ubuntu repos is 1.4.2, scribus-ng
even points to 1.4.0. I tired to add debian.scribus.net/ubuntu to my
repositorys list, but that only gives me 404/Not Found. There has been a
posting a couple of weeks ago, that something changed, IIRC, but i can't
find that anymore.
Is there any repository that delivers current 1.4.4 packages?

I have also added http://ppa.launchpad.net/scribus/ppa/ubuntu to get
1.5.0, but it stoped updating a couple of weeks ago and the latest
version is 1.5.0svn201404221504~ubuntu14.04.1
Latest update on launchpad is 20140613, but no matter how often i update
the packet lists, it does not offer to update this package. I have no
idea what is going wrong there.

I know about the limitations of the development version and i only use
this for testing or things that can be redone quickly if something
unexpected happens.

Regards

Thorsten