[scribus] An esoteric script - text scrambling

Kunda Loves Scribus scribus.user at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 06:13:21 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jun 8, 2014 at 11:46 PM, Kunda Loves Scribus <scribus.user at gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 7, 2014 at 8:03 PM, Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Kunda asked me to write a script that would scramble the text in a
>> document for privacy reasons.
>>
>> It seemed that ideally such a script should retain the structure of the
>> original as far as styles, linespacing, and so on, and since this wasn't an
>> exercise in sending a secret message that could be deciphered, no set
>> conversion algorithm should be used.
>>
>> So I began with the character-by-character analytical feature of
>> en+emdash.py, but instead of just looking for hyphens, modified to look for
>> all letters a-z and A-Z.
>> Using the python random module, it's easy to repeatedly generate random
>> letters of the alphabet to replace the originals.
>>
>> So far I have failed to get this to work on an entire document, but am
>> able to make it work on all the frames on a page.
>>
>> http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Scrambling_Text
>>
>> Greg
>>

> Hey Greg,
> Thanks again for taking the time, my friend. I plan to utilize this script
> very soon (when I get a chunk of time to dedicate to that process). I also
> hope that this strategy can be offered and utilized by others who have bugs
> but don't wish to submit the .sla due to any privacy/confidentiality
> reasons.
>
> Really appreciate your work, skill, and your patience.
>
> Cheers,
> /Kunda

Created:
http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/How_to_submit_bug_report_with_sensitive_data

What would be useful, IMO, is if we had the below links as part of the
MantisBT navbar to orient the uninformed how to:
1.
http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/How_to_submit_bug_report_with_sensitive_data
2. http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/How_to_file_a_bug_report
3. http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/How_to_debug_for_reporting