[scribus] An esoteric script - text scrambling

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sun Jun 8 01:03:19 UTC 2014

Kunda asked me to write a script that would scramble the text in a
document for privacy reasons.

It seemed that ideally such a script should retain the structure of the
original as far as styles, linespacing, and so on, and since this wasn't
an exercise in sending a secret message that could be deciphered, no set
conversion algorithm should be used.

So I began with the character-by-character analytical feature of
en+emdash.py, but instead of just looking for hyphens, modified to look
for all letters a-z and A-Z.
Using the python random module, it's easy to repeatedly generate random
letters of the alphabet to replace the originals.

So far I have failed to get this to work on an entire document, but am
able to make it work on all the frames on a page.

http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Scrambling_Text

Greg