[scribus] Scribus sla to epub (export) q. (calibre does not work)

Richard Foley rich.inud at naktiv.net
Thu Jun 5 07:01:11 UTC 2014

Hi folks,

I recall from earlier discussions on the list, that an epub exporter was
planned, but not integrated, for Scribus. The recommendation at that time was
to export from Scribus to PDF, and then to use Calibre to go from PDF to epub.

The problem I have is that while the Scribus-exported.PDF is spot-on perfect,
printed to hard copy via LSI, etc., the resulting Calibre-exported.epub is
complete rubbish. I used the following command:

    ebook-convert in.pdf out.epub --enable-heuristics

I realize this is not a Calibre support forum, please bear with me. However,
using PDF as the intermediary, when all the information is already in Scribus
still strikes me as slightly odd. Perhaps that's because I don't understand
file import/export/conversions, but I was hoping to go directly from Scribus to
epub, and remove one link in the chain.

Does anyone have any other suggestions of how to either improve the epub, or to
get directly to an epub, from Scribus itself? Or perhaps how to improve the
pdf->epub so that it's usable? All help tips appreciated.

Cheers.

--
Ciao

Richard Foley