[scribus] SCS seminar details.

Richard Cichelli cichelli at newspapersystems.com
Mon Jun 2 18:53:17 UTC 2014

Seminar title: A Day with Scribus
Theme: Scribus is the next big thing in computing for newspapers
Location:  SCS's Offices - Suite 420, 630 Municipal Dr. (formerly
Selvaggio Dr.), Nazareth PA. 18064
Date: June 24, 2014
Time: 9:30 am to 2:30 pm.
Cost: free
Lunch provided.
More info: http://bit.ly/1pstm8l
Version 1.4.4: http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/1.4.4_Release
http://www.naa.org/News-and-Media/Blog/Modesto-Bee-Publisher-Scribus-Release.aspx
www.newspapersystems.com

To confirm attending - Please email Valerie at
valerie at newspapersystems.com or call her at 610-746-7700.

Good news!  Our "A Day with Scribus" seminar initial announcement has
yielded lots of interest!

Attendees will receive seminar materials including newly released,
ready-to-run  versions of Scribus (v. 1.4.4) for Windows, Mac and Linux
on a USB thumb drive.

We see the seminar as an open forum.  Not only will you learn about
Scribus, you will gain insights from other attendees about the
implications of this game changing technology.  We plan open discussions
of, for example, "What if display ad building workstations were so
inexpensive everyone could have them?" Or "For newspapers whose
production has been centralized elsewhere, would helping advertisers use
Scribus yield more camera ready ads?"  And "What makes Scribus uniquely
well suited for making design and page assembly more efficient?"

There will also be lots of news from the Scribus Community to review.
For example Scribus member Cedric notes that "a new French weekly
newspaper called L'Axonais is now produced with Scribus and GIMP."  The
first issue was 56 tab pages.  Cedric's adventures helping this
newspaper come to life are great fun.

SCS news about ScrImLay, ad launching and NAA Ink Colors will also get
priority billing.