[scribus] Text1 is missing !!

Nicola Griffin nickigriffin at mac.com
Tue Jul 15 19:43:26 UTC 2014

On 15 Jul 2014, at 19:24, William <allokusa at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Craig,
>
> I am very new to Scribus but I believe that new text boxes in earlier
> documents, like five days ago, were named text1 by default.
>
> I may have inadvertently changed a setting which is causing Scribus to
> instead name the first text box text2. This is a concern as I don’t know
> what else I may have disturbed with these supposed changes.

Hi William

When I first started using Scribus I used to fret about what the text frames were called, putting in my own names and so on. I design a poetry magazine in newspaper format, so each page can have two or three text frames. They also get moved from page to page, so renaming would have to be frequent.

So now I'm on Issue 4 of the magazine. I realise I don't even look at the name of the polygon or text frame - I let Scribus name them for me. The name is a convenience for the user, but not something you need to be conscious of if it doesn't suit you.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards

Nicki Griffin