[scribus] Lost upper menu - Scribus 1.5 - update to Ubuntu 14.04

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Tue Jul 1 01:41:46 UTC 2014

Number 1 guess is that you built this on a linux machine.

Number 2 guess is that you did something as root while building it.

One solution is to;

a. # chown -R Your_username:Your_Group Your_build_directory
b. Rebuild the svn version and only do  the make install as root

Although I would suggest you build into your home directory then you
don't have to do anything as root

--

Owen

--