[scribus] problem with debian-stable package

Chris Bannister cbannister at slingshot.co.nz
Fri Jan 10 12:56:43 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 01:26:30PM +0100, dhabba.walla at hispeed.ch wrote:
> Hi,
> at first : sorry my english.
> I try to update scribus from 1.3 to 1.4 but it runs in dependencies
> error (screenshot3.png).
> My system is debian squeeze. I do all the things like it is written
> on the scribus installation wiki.
> thanks for help

Wheezy is the current stable, Squeeze is oldstable.

The problem is that you have mixed repositories in your sources.list,
and the package manager will always try and install the highest version
of any software you ask to install and since you don't have a Wheezy
main repository in your sources.list it can't find the necessary
dependencies which are required by the newer version.

You should update your system to Wheezy unless there is a good reason
not to.

Sorry but I can't read the messages if they are not in English.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X