[scribus] Concept of layers

Andreas Winkler and.win82 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 21:44:26 UTC 2014

Hi Martin,

many thanks for your thoughtful reply. Just a short time after posting
my initial message I've discovered that in 1.5.0svn there is an
additional 'enable select' checkbox for each layer. Together with the
lock checkbox, the possible combinations seem to do the following:

lock unchecked, enable select unchecked: just objects on the current
layer are select- and editable (single-layer mode)
lock unchecked, enable select checked: the objects from the
corresponding layer can be always selected and unchecked (multi-layer
mode)
lock checked, enable select checked or unchecked: the objects from the
corresponding layer can not be select nor edited in any case

I think that this is a very reasonable approach which provides quite a
lot of flexibility. Do you agree?

Best regards
Andreas