[scribus] Black Background?

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Wed Feb 26 19:57:02 UTC 2014

On Feb 25, 2014, at 12:40 PM, Cindy Jones Lantier wrote:

> Everything seems to be just fine until I try to place a particular image; it
> shows up with a black background! I've opened the image in PS Elements, and
> the background is white. I've inserted it into a Word document and the
> background is white there too. I'm confused!

usually this sort of thing happens w/ a bitmap image which was produced on one sort of endian system, when it's viewed on another sort of endian system.

Re-save the image on the system you're planning on using it, and make certain to toggle to the native endian-ness (little or big) --- if it still doesn't work, re-save it the other way.

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer