[scribus] Scribus Dependency on CentOS

Henry Hartley henryhartley at westat.com
Mon Feb 24 15:58:35 UTC 2014

I just installed Scribus 1.4.3 on a CentOS 6.x machine using yum (from the EPEL repository). Yum found and installed the following six dependencies:

* podofo-libs
* python-imaging
* tcl
* tix
* tk
* tkinter

After installation, however, Scribus would not run. When I tried to run it from the command line, it complained that liblcms2.so.2 could not be found. I asked yum for the package that provides this, installed lcms2, and Scribus now seems to be working.

I'm not sure who would be responsible for making sure this dependency is noted, but thought I'd mention it here, in case it's one of you. Is this something that someone here can address or do I need to go to the Fedora Project / EPEL people with the issue?

--
Henry