[scribus] outline and fill for a font.

ZASKE Martin zm at revue-gugu.org
Sat Feb 22 09:52:59 UTC 2014

On 21.02.2014 21:27, john Culleton wrote:
> I am trying to create a paragraph style where
> the outline and fill of a font are different
> colors. I widened the outline to 5%. But the
> color of the outline is still grayed out. What
> obvious step have I missed? I tried both 1.4.3
> and 1.5.0.

For 1.4.3 go to styles editor and to the character style tab (I think
you are there is you see the outline grayed out).

Now find the row of options-buttons and click the "O" (tooltip says
outline) so that is looks activated.

The row looks like U W X X K K O O S and you want the second from the right.

Once you activated outline, you can define your outline. Not sure that
this is an obvious step.  :)

And: The same principle applies in the "properties" window (we call it
the F2 window). So while people are still tweaking things, they can
experiment there and have a "live preview". And then go to style editor
to configure a style for keeps.

Scribus is great, like a treasure hunt. So many goodies, always an
adventure to find them, or even to discover an unexpected one.

Happy outlining,

Martin

--
ZASKE Martin