[scribus] Suse 13.1 Issue

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue Feb 18 22:28:52 UTC 2014

On 02/18/2014 05:04 PM, David Copeland wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just upgraded to Opensuse 13.1, which packages Scribus 1.4.3.
>
> When I try to run it I get the following message ...
>
> scribus: error while loading shared libraries: libpodofo.so.0.9.1:
>
> The version of podofo that comes with 13.1 is now 0.9.2.
>
> Is there a simple way to workaround this? Or shoud I build Scribus from
> source?

Something I have done in the past, worth a try, is to create a symbolic
link with the "needed" version, that links to what you have.

In my Fedora 20, inside /usr/lib64, there is a libpodofo.so that links
to libpodofo.so.0.9.1, so in other words, when the system comes looking
for libpodofo.so, it gets to the current lib that I have.

So try this command as root inside the appropriate directory:

ln -s libpodofo.so.0.9.2 libpodofo.so.0.9.1

If it works (and it likely will), it will be a lot easier than compiling
podofo, backdating podofo, or compiling Scribus.

Greg