[scribus] Preferred workflow for mostly text book

Mary Moore tennesseelady21 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 21:46:47 UTC 2014

Hi John,

I have just completed my 3rd novel using scribus, all three about 300 pages
each.
1st set up your book using whatever size and margins it requires
Then setup your styles for the interior, I use one for copyright, titles,
text, etc
Once you have your first pages completed..ie title, copyright, dedication
and so forth you are now ready for the text proper

 These are my husband's books. He prepares his manuscript using Open
Office. You can import the chapters from there or use notepad to copy each
chapter.
I personally like to copy each chapter into notepad and then onto scribus
storyeditor and use my styles. Then you can link your pages. I like the
control of one chapter at a time.

Don't forget to make two master pages left for author and right for title.

I can send a sample of the first few pages if you need.

Good luck!
Mary