[scribus] Editing / Pagination Road Blocks Encountered

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue Feb 18 02:35:30 UTC 2014

On 02/17/2014 08:42 PM, Owen wrote:
>> To Knowledgeble users of Scribus
>> From: Author / Beginning User
>>

>> I have mastered the simple tasks of forming pages by inserting text
>> frames,
>> simple editing functions in the edit window; and I have navigated the
>> instructions for setting up pagination, BUT two items are still in the
>> "mystery category":
>
>> 1)  How do I apply the text frame INSERT to 100
>> pages
>> simultaneously RATHER than one each as I write and,
>

> 1. File->New (whatever you need)
> 2. Insert the text frame required
> 3. Page->Copy (99 times)
To clarify: you don't have to do this 99 times, you can specify 99 for
Number of Copies in the dialog.

>> 2) Where do I SEE
>> the
>> individual Master Page that I have named PMMWNHA so that I can apply /
>> insert page # instruction?
>

> In your .scribus/templates directory I think. Just have a look there.
Insert > Character > Page Number is not an instruction, it's a special
character that will be interpreted as the page number when entered into
a text frame.
So just edit the master page, add a frame for the page number, then put
in this character. When you're editing the master page, it looks like
'#', but when applied to a page it shows the actual page number.

If you look at the online manual under Scribus Basics > Page Numbering,
you can learn how to modify the numbering scheme (Arabic vs Roman
numerals vs alphabetical), and start and restart numbering at something
other than 1.

Greg