[scribus] Compile 1.5.0 on MSWin

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Wed Feb 12 07:17:57 UTC 2014

> Gesendet: Dienstag, 11. Februar 2014 um 15:34 Uhr
> Von: "john Culleton" <John at wexfordpress.com>
> An: scribus at lists.scribus.net
> Betreff: [scribus] Compile 1.5.0 on MSWin
>
> For some time now I have compiled bot 1.4.3 and
> 1.5.0 nightly using the SVN versions. but I have
> no clue as to how to do the same for 1.5.0 on my
> MSindows 7 partition.  Is cygwin the right tool?
> What other libraries are needed?
>
> If someone has already fought their way through
> this process and has a 1.5.0 exe to offer I would
> be most happy to ride on their coattails.

Building Scribus on Windows is much harder than on Linux or Mac OS X. You need MS Visual Studio Express in addition to all dependencies required on Linux/BSD/Mac OS X. You also have to compile some of those yourself.

If you really want to test Scribus 1.5svn, use Linux, *BSD or Mac OS X. 1.5.0 will be a release for everyone to test the next generation of Scribus on Windows and/or eComStation.

HTH,
Christoph