[scribus] Embedding fonts in PDF export

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Mon Feb 3 15:11:40 UTC 2014

On 02/03/2014 09:59 AM, Rolf-Werner Eilert wrote:
> How does Scribus decide which font to subset (outline) or embed? I've
> never seen this list before and was surprised that a number of fonts
> were checked, and others were not.

There is a little bit on this in the online manual, under Setup > Font
Setup. There is some automatic behavior which relates to the size of the
font files.

Subsetting is not outlining. Subsetting means only to include metrics
for the glyphs which are actually used in the document, so it's a
partial embedding.

Outlining is to create graphical instructions on how to draw each glyph,
so that font metrics are not needed.

Greg