[scribus] Missing feature

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Thu Dec 11 14:11:01 UTC 2014

On 12/11/2014 03:36 AM, JLuc wrote:
> Le 11/12/2014 09:08, Rolf-Werner Eilert a écrit :
>> Whenever I reload a document I have been working on, I miss that
>> Scribus would jump to my last position and with the
>> correct zoom level.
>> The display options are restored, but it starts at position 0 at zoom
>> level 100 %. This is annoying sometimes. Couldn't
>> this be implemented easily?
>> Currently I have 1.4.2, is it better in a later version?
>
> Its not in 1.5
> Actually I've never missed that feature in scribus,
> but i'm delighted with it being in LibreOffice.
>
> Please search for a report on such a feature in http://bugs.scribus.net
> and when none exists allready, plz create one anew
> in case you think it worth it.

AFAIK, this would require creating more variables for the SLA file. Then
you need to be able to switch on or off the feature.

It seems to me that the feature would be as often annoying as helpful. I
can't imagine a situation where I would always want to jump to the place
I was, and at the zoom level I used when I last saved the file.

If I might routinely want this, it would most likely be when I am
actively working on a file, then switch to another, then back again, but
in this setting I would load another file without closing the first,
then switch back to it. In that case, you get the behavior you're asking
for.

Sometimes features are missing for a reason.

Greg