[scribus] Printing in gray

Jehan Pagès jehan.marmottard at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 15:48:34 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 8:23 AM, Rolf-Werner Eilert
<eilert-sprachen at t-online.de> wrote:

>> An old laser printer: HP color laserjet 2840.
>>

> Why do you make a CMYK instead of a standard color PDF?

I had a problem with my printer, so I wanted to print just some
cyan/magenta/yellow/key shapes alone to test them and see if it could
help me diagnose; and I thought I could do so with Scribus by using
CMYK colored rectangles. It turned out printing from the PDF generated
from Scribus, I had some yellow in some other shapes, so I figured
there was a problem (which I could see, since I had the printer
problem).
And printing from Scribus itself, I had grey levels instead of colors
(a problem I already encountered so I usually don't print from
Scribus, but tried again, just in case).

Isn't it supposed to be possible to make a document with CMYK colors
in Scribus and get it printed with the CMYK composition directly to
the home printer (so if I say "Cyan only" color, I want only the cyan
toner to be used)?

Jehan