[scribus] Indic Support in Scribus 1.5

William Bader williambader at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 3 02:51:49 UTC 2014

> From: moceap at hotmail.com
> To: scribus at lists.scribus.net
> Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2014 02:37:10 +0200
> Subject: Re: [scribus] Indic Support in Scribus 1.5
>
> https://github.com/moceap/scribus-test
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:moceap/Scribus

Are those patches only for right-to-left languages or do they also include a fix for the entering composed characters in text frames?

I tried to build it but got errors, for example,
the Qt subdirectories needed by the includes in scribus.cpp below the "QML testing" comment are not on the search path,
shaper.h does not include freetype,
storytext.h should make item() public instead of private,
libQtQuick and libQt5PrinterSupport are not linked in,
fribidi and harfbuzz are not linked in.

I got it to build, but when I tried typing into a text frame, it aborted with
ASSERT failure in QVector<T>::operator[]: "index out of range", file /usr/include/qt5/QtCore/qvector.h, line 385

William