[scribus] Indic Support in Scribus 1.5

William Bader williambader at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 2 20:50:03 UTC 2014

> From: cbradney at scribus.info
> Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 19:50:03 +0100
> To: scribus at lists.scribus.net
> Subject: Re: [scribus] Indic Support in Scribus 1.5
>
>> On 02 Dec 2014, at 19:43, William Bader <williambader at hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 15:03:17 +0530
>>> From: nikhil.pattnaik at gmail.com
>>> To: scribus at lists.scribus.net
>>> Subject: [scribus] Indic Support in Scribus 1.5
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>> Can someone please tell me:
>>> 1. If Indic support is available in Scribus 1.5? Have the Indic patch and
>>> additinal Oriya patch been merged into the main Code?
>>> 2. Is any ppa or exe of the 1.5 svn available? I have not been able to
>>> install the svn.
>>> Thanks,
>>> nmp
>>
>> I could enter characters in the story editor with Scribus 1.5.0 on Fedora 20 Linux, but I might need to install more fonts.
>>
>> http://williambader.com/scribus-hindi-2dec14.png
>>
>> William
>>

> But they won’t work in the text frames.
>
> Craig

Is it the same issue as http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=12228 "0012228: Some accented characters dont get typed in text frames"?

I remember a discussion. http://search.gmane.org/?query=Accented+characters+requiring+2+keystroke+to+be+typed&group=gmane.comp.graphics.scribus

Is there any way to tell if the problem is with Scribus or with Qt5?

I can type accented characters into text frames in the Scribus 1.4.4 (linked to qt-4.8.6) provided with Fedora 20 but not with the Scribus 1.5.0 (linked to qt5-5.3.2) that I built from source.

William