[scribus] PPA for Ubuntu Trusty not working?

William Bader williambader at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 21 13:27:17 UTC 2014

> Yes, I thought about that. But I figured that a
> clean start each time was safer. I'm not
> paranoid; the gremlins are really are out to get
> me.
I have a build script also, and to remove all of the generated files, I use
  svn status --no-ignore | egrep '^\?|^I' | sed 's/^. *//' | xargs -Ixx rm -rf xx
If you run "make clean" frequently, ccache https://ccache.samba.org/ will make rebuilds faster.
When I was testing the python scripting patch bundle that I posted to http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=12572 last night, with ccache on a laptop with an i5-2450M and a 4GB RAM disk, I had total times of about 64 seconds for a complete build of Scribus 1.5.0svn including svn update + remove all generated files + apply patches + cmake + make + make install
Regards,William