[scribus] Removing line breaks from text

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Mon Aug 4 18:14:17 UTC 2014

On Mon, 21 Jul 2014 15:52:42 -0400
Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote:

> On 07/21/2014 12:06 PM, Marc Balmer wrote:
> > I am trying to convert a text file to
> > scribus.  The file is formatted with hard
> > line breaks, and an empty line between
> > paragraphs:
> >
> > line 1<cr>
> > line 2<cr>
> >
> > line 3<cr>
> > line 4<cr>
> >
> > I want to transform this to two paragraphs:
> >
> > line 1 line 2
> >
> > line 3 line 4
> >
> > Is that possible in Scribus?  Or do I have to
> > manually remove the line breaks?
> >
> > (trying to convert a LaTeX document to
> > scribus)
>
> If I had to do a BIG file this way, I would
> probably load it into something like KWrite,
> where you can Find/Replace using regexp (so you
> search for \n).
>
> Greg
>

> ___
> Edit your options or unsubscribe:
> See also:
> http://wiki.scribus.net
> http://forums.scribus.net

> Unlimited Disk, Data Transfer, PHP/MySQL Domain
> Hosting http://www.doteasy.com

You can do this is Vim/Gvim of course. Gvim is
industrial strength. I have my gvimrc file set up
so that each set of contiguous lines is
translated to lines of a given length or less by
hitting the f2 key. The code in the gvimrc file
is not trivial but you can copy mine:
nnoremap <F2> 1GgqG

--
John Culleton