[scribus] Photobook: export PDF in sRGB, color conversion

b-misc at gmx.ch b-misc at gmx.ch
Thu Apr 24 19:14:05 UTC 2014

Dear all,

Despite an extended search through the internet, I couldn't get the settings
right so far:

My digital camera produces images in sRGB. I created a photobook which I want
to order as a PDF (it will get exposed on real photo paper). The printing
company (saal-digital.de) needs the file as a sRGB.

Now my questions:
What settings should I use? So far I tried

Preferences - Color Management:
  Enabled;
  RGB Images / RGB Solid Colors: sRGB IEC61966-2.1
  CMYK Images / Solid Colors: Euroscale Uncoated v2
  Monitor: sRGB
  Printer: Euroscale Uncoated v2
  Rendering Intents:
    Images: Perceptual
    Solid Colors: Relative Colorimetric
  Use Blackpoint Compensation: on

PDF Export:
  General:
    File Options: PDF 1.3 or 1.4
    Compression Method: Automatic
    Compression Quality: Maximum
    Max Image Resolution: 300 dpi

  Color:
    Output intended for: Printer
     Solid Colors - Use Color Profile:
       on; selected: sRGB
     Images - Use Color Profile:
       on
       Do not use embedded color profiles: on; selected: sRGB

Are these settings correct?

With previous settings I tried, the problem seemed to be that the file/images
was not converted into the correct color space but only "assigned" to it.

Generally:
Is color management really necessary, since both input images and printing
format are in sRGB? Can I just disable Color Management and select "Output
intended for Screen/Web" since this should produce a sRGB PDF?

Thank you very much for your help.

Kind regards,
Bernd

PS: sRGB used above for brevity instead of sRGB IEC61966-2.1