[scribus] help-text for Character Palette

ZASKE Martin zm at revue-gugu.org
Tue Apr 15 16:07:11 UTC 2014

Dear List,

I was away from my desk for several days.

Sorry for having written an HTML message last time. I did not know that
was bad manners, I need HTML for some work stuff but have set this
account to text now.

In Scribus 1.4.3 there is a so called Character Palette at

menu > insert > glyph...

I like the idea but could never figure out how to populate this palette
with the special characters which I need all the time.

Neither the printed book nor the inbuilt online help is explaining how
to use the Character Palette or how to edit the underlying file (nor
where to find it)... For some it might be obvious, for me it was not.

Since it was recently mentioned on this list and since I believe I have
now figured it out, I was proposing I would write it up nicely and
submit it for the online help and/or for the wiki pages. I could write
it in English and also provide a German version.

I could write about the Windows- and the Linux version, maybe even about
Scribus 1.6

How would I go about it, so that I respect the Scribus workflow and
infrastructure?

please let me know

Martin