[scribus] scribus on macosx version x86

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Wed Apr 2 13:49:04 UTC 2014

On Apr 1, 2014, at 1:11 AM, kenichi fujisaki wrote:

> Dear all,Your application seems promising for me. Unfortunately, I can't get it (1.4.3,1.4.2,1.4.1) work on macosx snow leopard (arch x86). I think they work on i386 or ppc (i've not tried it).Can you recompile your sources in order to fit with x86 arch., please?

Several different versions are available here:

http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Download

compiled for Intel, Leopard or more recent --- which of them have you tried and what is the difficulty?

As regards Mac OS X being ``developer unfriendly'' --- one can get the developer tools for free (there's only a charge if one wishes to submit applications to the Apple App Store) --- if one is concerned about using a proprietary toolkit, there's always GNUstep: http://www.gnustep.org/

I really wish more opensource developers would use it.

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer