[scribus] qt5 requirements for 1.5.0svn

Craig Bradney cbradney at scribus.info
Tue Sep 24 08:30:33 UTC 2013

On 24 Sep 2013, at 9:05, Czarek <czarek at oferuje.pl> wrote:

>> How about two versions of 1.5.0, one for Qt4 users and one for Qt5
>> users?
>
> In fact 1.5 is still development version and it is not for users.
> Fact that 1.5 is highly usable and stable is only good sign for developers
> they do the best but is not any promise it will be all the time before final
> release.
>
> So dont expect any "userfriendly" installation process now.
> It is your risk that you use 1.5 already and you must fit requirements, not
> developers.

Yes that's exactly right. We will also be bumping up requirements on cairo and removing lcms 1 support shortly.

If your platform or distro doesn't support qt5 then either use the last revision of svn that supported qt4, or build qt5 yourself, or switch distro.

Take it as a good thing - forward looking changes and more active development!

Also, you should complain to your distros that do not support qt5, it been out for almost a year!

Craig