[scribus] making your own Pantone color list

Rolf-Werner Eilert eilert-sprachen at t-online.de
Mon Sep 23 16:08:37 UTC 2013

Am 23.09.2013 17:29, schrieb Gregory Pittman:
> On 09/23/2013 09:55 AM, Rolf-Werner Eilert wrote:
>> Thanks for your idea, Gregory. I made a quick and dirty implementation
>> of it in Gambas, and ended up with some error.
>>
>> Strangely enough, I had go into the original resource directory to find
>> a number of color .xml files delivered with Scribus. Isn't there a
>> standard directory for these? And why are they hidden in the source?
>>
>> Anyway, according to your idea this is what my program should deliver:
>>
>>> <COLOR RGB="#f4ed7c" NAME="PMS 100" Spot="1" />
>>
>> When I offer a list like this, Scribus imports it with all color fields
>> black and just the original xml code behind it. So I looked into the xml
>> files provided, and they showed a header and start-end tags, of course.
>>
>> Adding those, however, resulted in Scribus telling "not an XML color file".
>>
>> So, what now? Here's an excerpt of what my program produces:
>>

>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>> <SCRIBUSCOLORS Name="Pantone-Farben">
>> < Name="PMS 100" COLOR RGB="#f4ed7c" Spot="1" />
>> < Name="PMS 101" COLOR RGB="#f4ed47" Spot="1" />
>> < Name="PMS 102" COLOR RGB="#f9e814" Spot="1" />
>> </SCRIBUSCOLORS>
>>

> Yes.
> The lines should be:
>
> < COLOR RGB="#f4ed7c" Name="PMS 100" Spot="1" />
>
> and so on.
>
> Greg

Hm. That alone won't help either. And the order of RGB, Name and Spot
shouldn't matter, as it doesn't in the other xml files. But there is one
more tag called Register, it's missing here, what is it good for?

When I leave out the whitespaces after < and before />, Scribus won't
complain anymore, but it imports only one single color without any
description.

Rolf