[scribus] making your own Pantone color list

Rolf-Werner Eilert eilert-sprachen at t-online.de
Mon Sep 23 13:55:16 UTC 2013

Thanks for your idea, Gregory. I made a quick and dirty implementation
of it in Gambas, and ended up with some error.

Strangely enough, I had go into the original resource directory to find
a number of color .xml files delivered with Scribus. Isn't there a
standard directory for these? And why are they hidden in the source?

Anyway, according to your idea this is what my program should deliver:

> <COLOR RGB="#f4ed7c" NAME="PMS 100" Spot="1" />

When I offer a list like this, Scribus imports it with all color fields
black and just the original xml code behind it. So I looked into the xml
files provided, and they showed a header and start-end tags, of course.

Adding those, however, resulted in Scribus telling "not an XML color file".

So, what now? Here's an excerpt of what my program produces:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SCRIBUSCOLORS Name="Pantone-Farben">
< Name="PMS 100" COLOR RGB="#f4ed7c" Spot="1" />
< Name="PMS 101" COLOR RGB="#f4ed47" Spot="1" />
< Name="PMS 102" COLOR RGB="#f9e814" Spot="1" />
</SCRIBUSCOLORS>

Do you see any mistakes?

When I looked into the other files, I saw there are more fields, but are
they required?

Rolf