[scribus] Building 1.5.0svn with qt5 on (K)ubuntu

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Fri Sep 20 23:19:48 UTC 2013

> I was doing fine building and running 1.5.0svn
> on my Kubuntu 13.04 (64-bit) system until
> the time came when qt5 was required. I've
> installed everything related to qt5 that I can
> find in the repository, but still I get errors
> trying to build scribus. It can't find
> Qt5WebKit, and I can't find it either. Can
> anyone point me in the right direction?

You didn't say how you installed Qt5, but it is suggested you use the
installer found at http://qt-project.org/downloads

It suggest an installation directory of /home/user/Qt and I suggest
you keep to that.

The cmake option is -DQT_PREFIX="/home/user/Qt/5.1.1/gcc/"

It built OK on SUSE-12.3, Ubuntu-12.04 (Pepperment) and Ubuntu-13.04.

As an option in Ubuntu 13.04 I had
-DWANT_GUI_LANG="en_AU.UTF8;en_AU;en" but it failed and success only
came by removing the en_AU;en options.

The option was similar to one reported by another builder,

error: converting to ‘QChar’ from initializer list would use explicit
constructor ‘QChar::QChar(char)’ make[2]: ***

I find it hard to believe that language options en_AU;en would be the
cause of such an error but would be interested if you have a
successful build

--
Owen