[scribus] making your own Pantone color list

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Fri Sep 20 15:50:24 UTC 2013

On Sep 19, 2013, at 9:40 PM, Gregory Pittman wrote:

> As we all know, Pantone so far maintains its position to not officially allow for Scribus to release its color list.

It's available for a license fee --- I'm sure if someone ponied up the money there'd be no problem.

Rather than going through such chicanery, why not just adopt a standard publicly available color profile such as the one GCMI used to promulgate?

Here's a .pdf showing Pantone equivalents:

http://www.ipaper.com/documents/EN/KraftBag/GCMI_COLORS.PDF

More about it here:

http://www.jimdandyboxes.com/flexographicinkcolors.html

Then we could tell users how to create PANTONE spot colours when they work out w/ their printer that they'll be printing w/ such and their printer can tell them what values to use for previewing on-screen. Adobe and Quark making PANTONE spot colours so accessible results in untold millions of dollars of lost productivity every year when printers have to verify that it's okay to convert such back to CMYK, when ad files are rendered unusable when spot colours are used w/ transparency and such conversion doesn't work, &c.

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer