[scribus] OpenType features

Gabriel Grosso ggrosso.dg at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 14:44:06 UTC 2013

Hi,
I'm wondering if Scribus support the use of true small capitals -if the
typography has ones- or if they're created by the program itself. I've seen
a thread long ago about this and it has been reported as a
bug<http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=1413>and a future
implementation in version 1.3 -long ago-.

Also i have an issue when trying to use special characters like old style
figures -small caps numbers-. Fontmatrix detects it as 'Unmapped glyph' and
also in Scribus i can't insert them via Glyphs.

I've read some topics about OpenType in GNU/Linux can be accesed with XeTeX
or LuaTeX, but i have zero experience working with that.

Any thoughts on this issue and if so, what are they?

Thanks

Gabriel Alberto Grosso
flickr.com/gabotrotamundos
Oberá, Misiones