[scribus] Saving pictures from clipboard

Rolf-Werner Eilert eilert-sprachen at t-online.de
Tue Sep 10 08:54:35 UTC 2013

Am 09.09.2013 13:47, schrieb Gregory Pittman:
> On 09/09/2013 05:18 AM, Rolf-Werner Eilert wrote:
>> We had a thread about what way might be most sensible to store .sla
>> files and related files in. Scribus doesn't save pictures within its
>> .sla but only the relative paths to them.
>>
>> Over the weekend I stumbled over this one: When I insert a picture from
>> the clipboard, it seems Scribus does save it within its .sla. I had a
>> document with some test pictures which came over the clipboard into some
>> image frames, and they still appear when I re-open it ;-)
>>
>> Am I right?
>>
>> Rolf
>>
>> P. S. the documentation doesn't say anything about this, or did I miss
>> the link?
>
> I think you missed something, because there isn't any way for Scribus to
> save image data in the file.
>
> Greg

But where are they stored then? I pushed the .sla to Dropbox and copied
it into another folder on my office computer, and the pictures are still
there.

On my laptop they existed - in that form - only as unstored working
copies in the Gimp before, were copied into the clipboard and then
inserted into the Scribus document.

Rolf